5 Ingredient Thanksgiving: Cornbread and Chorizo Stuffing
- Pantry Ingredients:
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Poultry seasoning
- 4 large corn muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups turkey stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
Yields: Serves 6
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the cornbread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden in color and slightly dried out, about 15-20 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Add the onion and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Add the toasted cornbread cubes, parsley and stock to the bowl and gently mix. (use your hands if you like -- it’s fun!). The mixture should be moist but not soggy; add a little more stock if you like your stuffing wetter.
Season the stuffing with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Place in a 9x13" buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. (To keep the stuffing moist; cover the top loosely with foil while it bakes.)
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook