- 1 12- to 15-pound crown pork roast
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- For the stuffing:
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 celery stalks from the heart with leafy tops, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup prunes or dates, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 8 cups cubed unseasoned stuffing mix
- 2 to 3 cups chicken stock
Preheat oven to 500ºF.
Fit a sheet pan with a rack and place the roast on top. Drizzle pork roast with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Cover the exposed bones of the roast with foil then transfer to oven and roast about 25-30 minutes, or until roast is nicely golden brown in color.
Turn oven down to 300ºF and allow cooking for 2 1/2 hours more or until the internal temperature reaches 135ºF.
For the stuffing, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO and 4 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. When the butter melts, add the bay leaf, celery, onions and prunes. Sprinkle the vegetables and prunes with salt, pepper, and the poultry seasoning. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes to begin to soften the vegetables then add the parsley and stuffing cubes to the pan and combine. Moisten the stuffing with stock until all of the bread is soft but not wet.
Butter a casserole dish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Remove the bay leaf from the stuffing then scoop into dish.
Remove roast from oven and remove foil. Allow roast to rest a minimum of 10 minutes before carving.
While the roast rests, raise oven temperature to 375ºF and bake until golden brown and crisp on top, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook