Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Herbs
Serve with Raw Corn Salad alongside.
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces, reserve wings for other use such as stock or soup, remove skin from the rest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh chile, such as Fresno chile, finely chopped
- About 2 tablespoons rosemary, very finely chopped
- About 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- Sea salt and coarsely ground pepper
- About 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 fresh bay leaves
- 6 thin slices good quality bacon
Place chicken in a dish with the garlic, chile, rosemary and thyme. Season lightly with sea salt and more heavily with pepper. Drizzle EVOO over the chicken then toss evenly to coat the chicken pieces with herbs and garlic. Use right away or marinate up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange a wire cooling rack over a baking sheet.
Place a bay leaf on top of each piece of chicken using small leaves for the legs. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece of chicken pieces so that each piece is partially exposed and the bay leaves peek out from under the bacon.
Arrange the chicken on the rack. Bake 45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and chicken cooked through.
Serve with grilled asparagus or grilled corn and tomato and red onion salad alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook