Bobby Deen's Guiltless Cheesy Mac
- Cooking spray, for baking dish
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups cooked multigrain elbow macaroni, drained
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Yields: 10 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, add the cheeses, milk, egg whites, reduced-fat sour cream, mustard, salt, pepper, peas, and cauliflower. Mix ingredients together until combined.
After the macaroni has been cooked according to package directions and drained, add your cheese mixture into the warm pot you cooked the macaroni in and stir, the residual heat will help the mixture combine.
Pour into your prepared casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle the whole wheat bread crumbs over the macaroni. Bake, until the filling is hot and the topping is golden, 35 – 40 minutes.
Calorie Info Per Serving:
Bobby's Guiltless Cheesy Mac: 289 calories, 7.3 grams fat
The Lady's Cheesy Mac: 520 calories, 28 grams fat
Differences: 231 calories, 20.7 grams fat
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook