Caesar Salad With Fried Ravioli
This version of a classic Caesar replaces croutons with fried ravioli.
- 1 pound large ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano for coating ravioli, plus a handful for salad dressing
- Salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- A few shots of hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 3 hearts of romaine, chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for ravioli. Salt water and cook a minute less than package directions for either fresh or frozen pasta, then drain thoroughly.
Heat about 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine cornmeal, 1/2 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano and lots of black pepper on a plate. Coat the drained ravioli in the cornmeal and cheese mixture. Shake off excess and fry the ravioli until golden on each side, 4-5 minutes total. Remove them to a paper-towel lined plate and season with some salt.
For the salad, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, grated garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, hot sauce and Worcestershire then stream in the EVOO, about 5 tablespoons. Coat the romaine in dressing then season with pepper and a handful of grated cheese. Top salad with crispy ravioli and serve.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook