Serve with mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beer (lager not dark)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs or ground Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce or 3 tablespoons Tabasco
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika, a palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel, 1/3 palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander, 1/2 palmful
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Thinly sliced scallions, garnish
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add celery, onions, peppers and garlic. Cook to tender, 10 minutes, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Deglaze with beer and reduce 1 minute, then remove from heat and cool.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl moisten bread or cracker crumbs with hot sauce and vegetables. Add egg and meat to bowl, season with salt and pepper, paprika, fennel, coriander and mix to combine. Form a loaf about 4 inches high on baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through and golden on top.
Purée tomatoes and chilies in food processor or blender, and then place in small pot and heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes alongside. Spoon tomato sauce over meatloaf and garnish with scallions.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook