Carolyn Robb's Chocolate ‘Fridge-cake’
For years Carolyn Robb served as the chef to the royal family in Britain. Check out some of her favorite recipes!
- 1lb butter
- 9oz golden syrup (You could use a thick, mild honey instead)
- 2 oz dark cocoa powder
- 2 oz drinking chocolate powder
- 1 ¼ lb crushed biscuits (Graham crackers)
- 5oz soft figs – in a chunky dice (or soft dates)
- 6oz mixed nuts – (I use pistachios, pecans and toasted almonds- You can substitute the nuts with chopped up ‘Mars bars’ or ‘Twix’ bars– this definitely appeals to the younger palate more than nuts!)
Melt the butter, honey and chocolate powders in a heavy based pan.
Remove from heat and add the figs and the crushed biscuits.
Lastly add the nuts or chopped up chocolate bars
Press into a tin lined with baking parchment either a 2lb loaf tin, or an 8’ round or an 8 x 8’ square.
Leave to cool, then cover and refrigerate. When firm can be topped with melted chocolate.
Cut into slices, wedges or squares – depending on the tin used.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook