Cheesy Spinach Rice Pilaf
Serve alongside Lemon Pepper Chicken.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup orzo
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup light brown or white rice, such as Texmati brand
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock or broth, regular or low-sodium
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, chopped (about 4 cups) or 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Yields: 4 servings
Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the orzo to the pan and toast until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic to the pan and continue cooking for another 30 seconds. Add the rice, broth, salt and pepper to the pan and bring up to a bubble. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Fluff the finished rice with a fork and fold in the spinach and cheese. Serve alongside Lemon Pepper Chicken.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook