Chicken Caesar Pizzas
Note: If you are really pressed for time, top a pre-baked pizza crust or a focaccia with the salad and chicken
- 1 one-pound ball fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cooked or grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced or 1/2 pound store-bought rotisserie chicken, meat pulled
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano, plus some for garnish
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small hearts Romaine lettuce, shopped
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Lightly flour a work surface. Divide dough into 4 equal portions and shape into individual rounds. Place the doughs onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove dough from oven and sprinkle each with shredded provolone and pop back into the oven until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes more.
In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, juice of 1 lemon, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste, Pecorino cheese and lots of coarse, black pepper. Whisk the EVOO into the dressing in a slow, steady stream.
Add lettuce and chicken to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve up the salad on top of each individual crusts.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook