Chicken Francese with Gremolata
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 1 anchovy filet, optional, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/2 pound egg tagliatelle or thin spaghetti
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied (cut across but not all the way through the breast) and pounded very thin, no more than 1/4-inch thick
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup crisp, dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach or upland cress
- A handful of basil, torn
For the gremolata, combine lemon zest on a cutting board with anchovy, parsley and garlic. Reserve.
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides then dredge in flour to coat. Beat eggs in a shallow dish with splash of water. Dip both sides of the chicken in the egg.
Heat 3 tablespoons EVOO and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook chicken in 2 batches; 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm platter and reserve.
To the pan, add wine, stock, and lemon juice, and reduce while pasta cooks. Drain pasta, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the sauce and melt. Douse chicken in sauce then transfer back to the platter. Add half of the gremolata to the sauce, add pasta, greens and basil, and toss 1-2 minutes. Serve pasta on large plates with chicken alongside, garnished with remaining gremolata.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook