Connie and Bill “Stink” Fisher’s The Calvert
This recipe is featured in Bobby Flay's new Throwdown cookbook!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (5-inch) round or square pieces rosemary focaccia, split
- Vegetable oil or butter, for the griddle
- 10 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces sliced oven-roasted turkey
- 4 slices applewood-smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
Yields: Serves 2
Preheat a griddle to 350ºF.
Combine the mayonnaise and vinegar in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon on each cut side of the focaccia.
Add a little oil to the griddle. Place the focaccia, mayonnaise side up, on the griddle. Put 2 slices of cheese on top of each piece of bread, and cover with a heatproof bowl to melt the cheese.
Meanwhile, divide the turkey into 2 portions and put on the griddle to warm. Place the bacon slices in an “X” over each portion, and cover with the avocado and remaining cheese. Once the cheese is melted all around, put a mound of turkey on 2 bottom halves, and top with the remaining bread.
Add a bit more oil to the griddle and press the sandwiches with a cast-iron pan or other heavy thing, turning once, until the bread is crisp on both sides.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook