Creamy Mushroom and Marsala Fettuccine with Garlicky Breadcrumb Topping
This 22-minute meal was featured on the "2-12-22" show.
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 rounded tablespoon flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound whole wheat or semolina fettuccine
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons butter and melt until it foams. Add mushrooms and brown about 12 minutes until golden. Add shallots and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Stir 3 minutes more, sprinkle in flour, add marsala and reduce 1 minute. Add stock and cream, and simmer to thicken a couple minutes more.
Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in EVOO in a medium skillet. Add breadcrumbs and garlic, and brown until nutty and fragrant. Remove from heat, let cool a couple of minutes then add cheese and parsley, and season with black pepper.
When you add shallots to mushrooms, drop fettuccine and cook to al dente, 8-9 minutes. Reserve a little starchy cooking water, drain, toss with sauce and serve topped with breadcrumbs.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook