Crispy Chile Pepper Oven Fries with Ranch Dipper
- For the Chile Pepper Fries:
- 1 cup flour
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chiles (a combination of poblano, Anaheim and jalapeño) seeded and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- For the Ranch Dipper:
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line up 3 shallow bowls on the counter: spread the flour out in one, beat the eggs with the mustard and 2 tablespoons of flour (from the first bowl) in the second and mix together the panko, Parmigiano-Reggiano some salt and pepper in the third.
Coat the chile strips in the flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture, and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast the chiles on the baking sheet, turning halfway through baking, until golden brown and crispy, about 18 minutes.
While the fries are roasting, make the ranch dipper: In a medium bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, chives, dill and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the fries immediately with the ranch dipper alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook