Deconstructed Guacamole Chicken Sammies
All the flavors of a guacamole chicken sammy, without the work.
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, 6 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced, fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 crusty, cornmeal-topped Kaiser rolls, split
- Flavored specialty corn or blue corn chips
Yields: 4 servings
Heat a griddle pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Combine remaining spices in a small bowl and rub all over chicken. Drizzle griddle or skillet with a tablespoon of EVOO. Cook chicken 12 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan and let cool enough to handle; slice each piece on an angle into 4 pieces.
Halve and pit avocados and dress with lime or lemon juice. Cut each half into 4 pieces and layer between chicken slices.
In a small skillet, heat remaining tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic, and sauté a few minutes to soften. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and mix in cilantro.
Place lettuce on bun bottoms and top with chicken and warm salsa, set bun tops in place. Serve with a few chips alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook