Deluxe Turkey Club Burgers
This deluxe style burger is a cinch to make at home and gets a kick from tots with chipotle ketchup!
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey, 93% or 85% lean
- 4 cloves garlic, pasted or minced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin, 2/3 palmful
- 2 teaspoons coriander, 2/3 palmful
- Salt and pepper
- For the Ranch Dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- About 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- About 1 tablespoon each finely chopped dill, parsley and chives – about 1/4 cup total
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slider rolls such as brioche dinner rolls, split or, 6 hamburger rolls
- For the Toppings:
- Shredded or chopped lettuce, Romaine or iceberg
- Sliced plum or vine tomatoes
- Thinly sliced radishes
Yields: Makes 6 burgers, 12 sliders
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place bacon on rack arranged over baking sheet or on slotted broiler pan and bake until crisp; reserve.
Place oil, about 2 tablespoons, in a bowl with turkey, garlic, grated onion, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Form 6 large patties or 12 slider-size patties, making them a bit thinner at the center than the edges for even cooking and flat, even appearance once cooked.
For the ranch dressing, combine sour cream with lemon juice, hot sauce, herbs, salt and pepper. Taste to adjust seasonings.
Heat griddle, grill pan or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Cook large patties 5-6 minutes on each side, slider patties 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve burgers on buns topped with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes and some dressing. Serve Tots with Chipotle Ketchup on the side.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook