Dr. Ian Smith's Sweet Barbeque Steaks with Honey Glazed Carrots and Buttery Mashed Potatoes
- For the Sweet Barbeque Steaks:
- 2 1/2-inch prime, well-marbleized rib-eye steaks
- 2 teaspoons seasoned meat tenderizer
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons A1 sauce
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- For the Honey Glazed Carrots:
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- For the Buttery Mashed Potatoes:
- 5 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt, to taste
For the Sweet Barbeque Steaks:
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Poke holes into the steaks on both sides with a fork and season with salt and tenderizer both sides. Pour A1 sauce on both sides of steak and put in oven. Cook both sides for approximately 7 minutes. Mix the barbecue sauce with the sugar and honey. Blot until almost dry on one side of the steaks and brush with mixed barbeque sauce. Put back into oven and cook until sauce is adhered to steak or according to meat temp desired.
For the Honey Glazed Carrots:
Place carrots in water and boil until soft but not too soft (approximately 7 minutes). Mix sugar, juice and honey in a dish.
Drain carrots and place back into saucepan. Pour glaze mixture over carrots and cook on high temperature for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to simmer for another 5 minutes or until liquid has mostly cooked off.
For the Buttery Mashed Potatoes:
Heat butter and 3/4 cup of whipping cream in a saucepan until butter is melted. Drain potatoes and return to pot.
Mash potatoes, add the melted butter/cream sauce and continue mashing. Add the rest of the cream and salt to taste.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook