Egg Pasta Frittata
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2, 3 or 4 cups leftover cooked pasta
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, heavy cream or milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 to 2 cups leftover tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian mix cheese
Yields: 4-6 servings
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat a large, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. If all of your skillets have rubber handles, cover handle tightly in foil to protect it. Add oil and butter, and melt together. Add the leftover pasta and cook until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
While the pasta is browning, beat the eggs with the half-and-half, add some salt, pepper and the parsley.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Allow the eggs to set up on the bottom of the pan and become firm. Top with the leftover tomato sauce and then the cheese. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Serve hot or cold from the pan or transfer to a platter, cutting frittata into wedges. If it's for lunch or dinner, serve with a simple salad.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook