Flat Pasta with Creamy Corn
Corn, pancetta and pasta go great together!
- 6 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta or lean, center-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped or 1/2 small sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled fava beans (when available - remove from pod, parboil 5 minutes in shell) or defrosted shelled edamame or lima beans
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound egg tagliatelle, Del Verde brand or other wide-cut pasta
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, for topping
Yields: 4 servings
Into a large bowl, scrape corn off the cobs as well as the cobs themselves for their sweet, starchy juices.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Add EVOO to the hot skillet and add pancetta or bacon. Cook to render fat and crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add corn and juices, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and cook corn 3-4 minutes. Add peppers, onions and garlic; stir 5 minutes more. Add fava, edamame or lima beans and deglaze pan with wine or stock. Stir in butter and reduce heat to low.
Salt boiling water and cook pasta to al dente. Add 1 cup starchy cooking water to the creamy corn succotash. Drain pasta, toss with corn and parsley, top with cheese.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook