French-Style Tuna Melt
The classic sammy ... with European flair.
- 1/2 French baguette, split lengthwise
- 2 6-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup store-bought black olive tapenade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (a small handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
Yields: 2 servings
Preheat broiler to medium high.
Remove most of the soft, bread "guts" from each side of the baguette and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer the sheet to the oven and broil until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
Once the bread is toasted, combine the tuna, tapenade, lemon juice, EVOO, shallot, parsley and thyme in a bowl and season with a little black pepper.
Spread the tuna mixture over the dug-out part of the toasted baguette, top with the sliced tomatoes and Brie cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook