Grilled Fish Soft Tacos
Check out this fiesta-style fancy fake-out!
- 4 small plum tomatoes or vine tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 small Serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- A small handful of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 ears corn on cob
- 4 pieces of halibut or mahi mahi, 6 ounces each
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or queso blanco or queso fresco (any easy-melting Mexican cheese)
- 12 6-inch soft corn or flour tortillas
Yields: Serves 4
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat or heat outdoor grill. Heat oven to 300˚F.
Combine tomatoes, jalapeño or Serrano peppers, onions, cilantro, salt and 1 teaspoon of lime zest and the juice of 1 lime.
Coat corn and fish with liberal drizzle of vegetable oil to keep it from sticking to grill. Season the corn and fish with salt and pepper. Season the fish with Old Bay. Cook corn 12-15 minutes until kernels begin to darken in spots. Remove corn and cool to handle, then scrape corn from the cob. Grill fish 8-10 minutes until cooked through and firm. Place fish in bowl and flake the flesh with a fork.
Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat and add tortilla. Warm tortilla then flip over and sprinkle with shredded cheese, scatter some fish, corn and salsa on half the tortilla and fold over. Cook the taco a minute or 2 on each side to melt the cheese. Keep tacos warm in oven on cooling rack placed over baking sheet until ready to serve. Serve 3 fish tacos per person with Green Rice alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook