Hungry Girl's Mom-Style Creamy Chicken 'n Veggies
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe): 307 calories, 4g fat, 881mg sodium, 26g carbs, 5.25g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 40g protein
- 1 cup canned 98% fat-free cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 4 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups frozen bite-sized mixed vegetables
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 20 ounces raw lean skinless boneless chicken breast
- Salt, black pepper, and additional spices, to taste
Yields: Makes 4 servings
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix condensed soup, sour cream, garlic, and salt. Add cauliflower, mixed veggies, and mushrooms, and stir to coat. Set aside.
Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray. Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and any additional spices you like. Place chicken in center of the foil, and top with veggie mixture.
Place another large piece of foil on top. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, until chicken is cooked through.
Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) If you like, season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Now dig in!
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook