Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 8 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Assorted dippers - veggis, chips, pretzels, whatever you like
Yields: 6-8 servings as a snack
Preheat a broiler or grill to medium-high.
Toss the jalapeño halves with the EVOO and roast under the broiler or char on the grill until softened and blackened, about 3 minutes per side.
Turn the oven to 400ºF. Let the peppers cool enough to handle them, then chop them up.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half of the cheddar and all of the chopped roasted peppers. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and crushed chips. Bake the dip until golden brown and bubbly, 15-18 minutes.
Serve with assorted dippers alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook