Jen's Pomegranate-Feta Burgers
Jen Barthell from San Diego, CA won the Every Day with Rachael Ray "Burger Bash" contest with this delicious creation!
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 small pomegranate (about 8 ounces), seeds extracted
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, mash three-quarters of the feta, the lemon peel and 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
In a medium bowl, combine the lamb with 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and the remaining feta. Shape into 4 patties. Grease the grill pan with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, add the burgers and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the arugula with the chopped mint, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice; season with salt.
Spread the bun bottoms with the feta mixture. Press the remaining pomegranate seeds into the cheese. Top with the burgers, red onion, arugula salad, whole mint leaves, and bun tops.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook