John Salley's Slam Dunk Guacamole
The key to this spicy guacamole is the NBA star's garlic-chipotle sauce.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained
- 2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ripe California avocados, peeled and seeded
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup John Salley’s Garlic Chipotle Sauce
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
In a large mixing bowl, toss corn, jalapeños and onion with oil then spread evenly out onto the baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned.
When cool, peel the jalapeños, if desired, then finely chop them with the onion. Reserve them with the roasted corn.
In a large mixing bowl, coarsely mash avocados with lime juice. Stir in the roasted vegetables, cilantro and Garlic Chipotle Sauce, and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook