Korean Barbecue Chicken Thigh Sliders
Serve these sliders with the Quick Kimchi Slaw, which can be prepared hours ahead of time.
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped, a couple of tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or honey, eyeball it
- 12 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and connective tissue and cut into pieces about 3-4 inches diameter to fit slider-size rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Canola oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 brioche dinner rolls or slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- Quick Kimchi Slaw, for topping
Yields: Makes 12 sliders
Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine garlic, ginger, soy, chile sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and honey or syrup in a blender.
Season meat with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little oil. Place on grill and cook a couple of minutes on each side to mark, then baste heavily with sauce and cook 3-4 minutes more, turning and basting frequently.
Sprinkle chicken pieces with scallions and sesame seeds, and serve on slider rolls topped with cucumber slices and slaw.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook