Mashed Potatoes and Leeks
Serve alongside Smoked Ham with Orange-Rosemary Glaze.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 leeks, quartered lengthwise, chopped and washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 5.4-ounce wheels Boursin garlic and herb soft cheese or 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- Chicken stock or whole milk, for mashing
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil; salt water and cook potatoes until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to hot pot.
Meanwhile, heat EVOO over medium heat and melt butter into warm oil. When butter foams, add leeks and wilt 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
Mash potatoes with leeks, lemon zest, soft cheese, stock or milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook