Mexican Chili Lasagna
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 10-ounce box of frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups leftover Chili Con Carne (or whatever chili you have)
- 2-3 cups shredded white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup (a couple of handfuls) cilantro leaves, chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium-size bowl, mix together the corn and black beans.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat, add a tortilla to the skillet and let it toast until it starts to slightly scorch then flip it and do the same on the second side. Repeat with all the tortillas. Place 2 toasted tortillas in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the corn/black bean mixture, 1/3 of the chili and a handful of cheese.
Repeat this procedure, layering tortillas, corn/bean mixture, chili and cheese. Top with remaining single tortilla and remaining cheese.
Transfer to the oven for 20 minutes or until you see the sides bubbling. Garnish with chopped olives and cilantro.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook