Michael Symon's "Fat Doug" Burgers
Chef Michael Symon is in the kitchen with Rachael sharing his burger secrets!
- For the slaw:
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- (Rachael added some julienned red bell pepper)
- For the burgers:
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin, 1/2 lb ground brisket, 1/2 lb ground boneless short rib (or 1 1/2 lbs ground beef)
- 1/2 lb pastrami, sliced thin (Rachael used corned beef)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 brioche or egg buns, split
- Salt and pepper
Yields: Makes 4 burgers
Mix all slaw ingredients and refrigerate for one hour.
Make 4 equal size patties, season with salt and pepper. Grill patties over high heat, 3-5 minutes per side.
Put 4 piles of pastrami or corned beef in a pan over medium heat. After two minutes, top each pile with a slice of Swiss cheese. Remove when cheese melts.
Pour butter into pan. Toast buns, cut sides down, for two minutes.
Assemble burgers: Place slaw on bottom half of bun. Top with burger, pastrami or corned beef and cheese. Cover with top bun and serve.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook