Mixed Herb and Lemon Pesto with Zucchini and Pasta
Rachael makes this pasta dish when she stops by Kim Kardashian's new pad in L.A.!
- 1 pound specialty short-cut pasta, such as trofie or gnocchetti di Sardi or egg tagliatelle
- About 1/2 cup tarragon leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- A generous handful mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or pasted
- A small handful of pine nuts, 3 tablespoons, lightly toasted
- A small handful of pistachio nuts, 3 tablespoons, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen, 1/3 palmful, optional
- A handful grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini or seeded zucchini, thinly sliced
- 12 zucchini flowers, optional
Yields: Serves 4 to 6
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add salt and drop the pasta. Cook to al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the starchy cooking liquid just before draining.
While the pasta cooks, place tarragon, basil and mint in a food processor. Add the lemon zest and juice, garlic, nuts, fennel, salt, pepper, cheese and about 1/4 cup EVOO. Pulse into a paste and transfer to a serving bowl.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until light golden in color, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the pesto sauce.
Add starchy cooking water to bowl along with pasta and zucchini flowers, if using. Toss to coat pasta and combine the sauce.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook