More Flavor, Less Bun: Italian-Style Turkey Burger
This Italian-Style Turkey Burger is a great way to have all of the flavors you love with less of the carbs!
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small onion, or 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 to 8 leaves basil, torn or shredded
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 pieces halved ciabatta, toasted
- Balsamic drizzle, optional garnish
Yields: Serves 4
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons EVOO, about 2 turns of the pan.
While the pan is heating up, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with some salt and pepper and divide the meat into four portions. Shape each portion into a burger. Sauté each burger in the hot skillet until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side.
When the burgers have finished cooking, remove and tent with foil to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to the pan, garlic and onions, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes, add grape tomatoes and cook to soften, 2 minutes. Add basil, remove from heat.
Serve each burger on toasted bread topped with sauce. Drizzle with homemade or store-bought balsamic drizzle.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook