Nigella Lawson's Slow-Cooked Lamb Ragu with Pasta
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes or crushed chili
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 small cans chopped tomatoes
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups macaroni
- Fresh chopped mint and parsley to sprinkle over, optional
Heat the oil in a wide pan on the stove. Peel and chop the onion, cooking it over a medium heat until it begins to soften.
Add the mint, oregano and crushed chilli flakes. Stir over the heat, then break up the ground lamb in the pan with a wooden fork or spoon until it begins to lose its pinkness.
Stir in the red currant jelly and Worcestershire sauce, and then take off the heat and tip into your slow-cooker.
Tip the chopped tomatoes straight into the bowl then divide the 2 cups of water between the empty cans to swill out any remaining tomato-y juices. Pour into the slow-cooker pot, stirring briefly.
Set the timer for 6 hours and cook on low. Leave undisturbed until you have 25 minutes remaining on your timer. Open the lid and stir in the uncooked macaroni closing the lid and letting the slow-cooker finish its remaining time.
Serve in bowls, to be eaten with a spoon, adding a sprinkling of mint and parsley if wished.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook