Not Potato Salad
Since gnocchi are made from potatoes, save yourself the hassle of cleaning and boiling all those spuds and make this salad with the same flavors and a dumpling that cooks up in a fraction of the time. Make the salad while the gnocchi are still hot so that they soak up all your dressing, then serve the salad at room temperature or cooled off, whichever you prefer.
- 1/3 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds gnocchi
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup (about 2 big handfuls) Italian parsley, chopped
Yields: 6-8 servings
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil the gnocchi.
Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the pot and cook them according to package directions. When they're finished, drain the gnocchi and reserve them in the colander.
With your gnocchi cooking, grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the Dijon and white wine vinegar. Stream the EVOO into the bowl while whisking then season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the veggies and parsley to the mixing bowl, and toss in the cooked gnocchi. Give everything a good stir to evenly combine and you're all set! You can serve the salad now or let it chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook