Orange and Asparagus Salad
Serve this with Rachael's Milanese Spaghetti.
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- About 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bundle thin asparagus
- 4 organic seedless oranges, peeled and sliced into discs
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
Yields: Serves 4
Bring 2 inches of water to a low, rolling boil; salt water.
While the water is coming up to a boil, add shallots to a small pot with salt, pepper, sugar, thyme, vinegar and lemon juice. Heat just enough to melt sugar and infuse vinegar. Pour into a small bowl and whisk in EVOO.
Cook asparagus in boiling water 2-3 minutes then drain.
Arrange oranges on plate with parsley. Chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces and scatter over oranges. Dress salad and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook