This oven-roasted seafood stew couldn't be easier to make!
- 3 ribs celery, sliced on a long angle
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and then thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, divided
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup seafood stock or chicken stock
- 3 pound piece of fresh cod, cut into large chunks about 2 inches in diameter
- 6 jumbo sea scallops
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut or torn into large chunks
Yields: 6 servings
Preheat oven 425°F.
Combine the celery, fennel, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup of the whole flat-leaf parsley, some of the EVOO and a little salt and pepper in a large baking dish. Toss to coat veggies with the oil. Add the white wine and stock.
Season the fish with salt and pepper, drizzle with remaining EVOO and nestle everything into the baking dish.
Top with the crushed tomatoes then transfer to the oven and roast until the cod is cooked through, about 45-50 minutes.
Slice the bread into large chunks, place them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven or under the broiler until lightly charred. While bread is toasting, chop remaining parsley together with the lemon zest to create a gremolata garnish.
Serve cioppino in large bowls, top with the gremolata and the charred bread for dunking.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook