Panko-Crusted Chicken with Cherry Tomato Sauce
This recipe is part of the Italian Date Night "I Can't Decide Menu".
- 4 small pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed of tenderloin and lightly pounded
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for shallow frying, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- A handful of basil leaves, torn or shredded
Yields: Makes 4 pieces of chicken
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in a little flour, then coat in egg white and then in breadcrumbs mixed with Parmigiano Reggiano and parsley.
Heat a shallow layer of oil, about 1/8-inch thick, in large skillet over medium to medium- high heat. Place cooling rack over sheet tray in oven preheated to 200˚F to keep chicken warm until you serve.
Fry chicken in 2 batches, if necessary, to avoid crowding pan. Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side until deep golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a small pot with a tight fitting lid, heat EVOO, about 2 tablespoons, over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, stir and place lid on pot. Raise heat a bit and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until tomatoes begin to burst, 6-8 minutes. Uncover pot and break up tomatoes with wooden spoon and season with salt and pepper, stir in basil.
Serve cutlets with tomato sauce on top.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook