Roasted Pork with Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce, Braised Brussels and Boursin Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
This dish is perfect to make for the family during the holiday season!
- 1 4- to 5-pound boneless pork roast with thin layer of fat on top
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 to 6 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, 10-12 stems
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 starchy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 small to medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 package Boursin cheese
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, halved
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup white wine
Yields: Serves 6-8
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Make 12 small slits all over roast and stuff them with garlic. Slather the roast with EVOO. Combine rosemary, thyme, fennel and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and rub all over top of roast. Roast 50-55 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the meat reads 145˚F.
While roast cooks, in a saucepot over medium-high heat, combine cranberries with pomegranate juice, red wine and sugar, and boil until berries pop and sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
While cranberry sauce cooks, boil potatoes and parsnips until tender. Drain and return to hot pot. Mash with salt, pepper, Boursin, milk and 2 tablespoons butter. Cover to keep warm. Add more milk if potatoes get too tight.
Heat a large skillet with lid over medium to medium-high heat with remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Add Brussels sprouts and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let brown 5 minutes then add stock, cover pan and braise until tender 8-10 minutes. Combine cooked sprouts with toasted nuts and transfer to serving bowl.
Remove roast to a platter or carving board and cover with foil to rest. Add wine to hot pan to scrape up drippings. When you carve the roast pork arrange on platter and spoon pan juice over top.
Serve pork family-style with sprouts and potatoes with parsnips alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook