Roasted Veggie Dip
Next time you make a turkey sandwich, slap some of this veggie dip on the bread rather than mayo for a lighter and more flavorful lunch.
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 small eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise then cut into thick half moons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 20 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (a handful), chopped
Yields: 6-8 servings
Preheat oven 400°F.
Place veggies on a cookie sheet, drizzle with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, and season liberally with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly and transfer to the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes until brown and tender.
Cool and transfer to a food processor with the basil and parsley. Pulse to chop and combine. Transfer to a bowl and stir, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with baked pita chips, celery stick and carrot sticks for a healthy snack.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook