Rocco DiSpirito's Roasted Chicken Burritos with Corn and Black Beans
This healthy version of a fast-food favorite only has 6.8g of fat and 280 calories!
Recipe courtesy of Ballantine Books.
- Four 9-inch low-carb tortillas such as La Tortilla Factory
- 2 cups shredded skinless breast meat from a rotisserie or roast chicken
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn salsa, such as Salpica Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) 75% reduced-fat cheddar cheese, such as Cabot, shredded
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
Yields: Serves 4
Using flameproof tongs, char the tortillas briefly on each side over an open flame, or toast them under a preheated broiler. Keep the tortillas warm by covering them with a kitchen towel.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the shredded chicken, black beans, and salsa. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high until the mixture is hot throughout, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Spoon one fourth of the chicken mixture over the bottom third of each tortilla. Top the chicken with the lettuce, cheese, and yogurt. Fold the sides of the tortillas in over the filling, and roll the tortillas up tightly to encase the filling. Serve immediately.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook