Rocco DiSpirito's Silken Chocolate Mousse
This recipe was featured in Now Eat This! Diet by Rocco DiSpirito.
- 12 ounces silken tofu, such as Nasoya
- 2 ounces bittersweet (60%) chocolate plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup, such as Fox’s u-bet
Cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces and place in a strainer so that the liquid drains out. Let sit for 10 minutes.
With a serrated knife, chop 2 ounces of the chocolate into small chunks. Place the chocolate in a microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate. If necessary, continue microwaving in 15-second increments until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
In the bowl of a food processor, add the melted chocolate, tofu, cocoa powder, agave, espresso powder, vanilla and chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
Transfer the mixture into 4 individual cups, and refrigerate. To serve, shave a small amount of chocolate on top of the cups with a vegetable peeler.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook