Sage-Stuffed, Pancetta-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp with Baby Panzanella Salad
The new version of bacon-wrapped seafood makes a perfect date-night dinner.
- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined and partially butterflied, tails left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided plus extra for drizzling
- 12 sage leaves
- 6 slices pancetta, unraveled
- For the salad:
- 1 bag croutons, Caesar- or Italian-flavored
- 1 carton multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Yields: 2 servings
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons EVOO.
Open up the butterflied shrimp and season them with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of EVOO. Place two sage leaves into the slice along the back where the shrimp has been de-veined and butterflied, then wrap each shrimp from head to tail with a slice of pancetta.
Transfer the pancetta-wrapped shrimp to the hot skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
While the shrimp are cooking, make the panzanella salad: Combine the croutons, tomatoes, shallot, red pepper and basil in a large bowl. Toss the ingredients together with the red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the salad between two plates and top each with three shrimp – a plate for you and a plate for your honey.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook