Salmon Niçoise Salad
Short on time? Try this refreshing and impressive dish!
- 1 large shallot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence, half a palmful
- About 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- For the toppings:
- 1/2 pound thin green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- Niçoise olives, for garnish
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced or quartered
- 4 filets salmon, skin-off
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
- 1 head frisée, separated
Yields: Serves 4
Grate shallot and garlic into a bowl. Add Dijon, Worcestershire, tomato paste and warm water, and whisk. Add vinegar and herbes then stream in about 1/3 cup EVOO while whisking to emulsify dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Prep your toppings; you can make them at home or buy them at a large salad bar already prepped for you.
Season salmon with salt and pepper and thyme leaves. Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more for rare and up to 4 minutes more to cook all the way through. Douse fish with lemon juice and remove from heat.
Combine shredded romaine, endive and frisée in a serving bowl. Dress the greens with salad dressing and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange dressed greens on plates and top each with a salmon filet, a few green beans, a couple of halved cherry tomatoes, egg, some olives and sliced radishes.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook