Sausage and Peppers Sliders
A classic Italian favorite gets turned into a slider!
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced or 1 small cubanelle pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound bulk sweet or hot Italian sausage or sausage links, casings removed
- 8 cubes of provolone cheese, half-inch thick and 1-inch square
- 8 small dinner rolls or packaged slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand, split open and toasted
Yields: Makes 8 sliders
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic to the pan and cook until the veggies are tender, 7-8 minutes. When the veggies are tender, add the Worcestershire and season with salt and pepper.
While the veggies are cooking, place a second skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Shape the sausage into thin patties and wrap the meat around the cubed cheese. Cook patties 4 minutes on each side until deep brown and firm.
Place patties on roll bottoms and top with peppers and onions. Set roll tops in place and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook