Sausage and Shrimp One-Pot
Have this stoup with some crusty bread for a hearty autumn meal!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage or 1 pound of links, split from casings
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 pound large, peeled, deveined shrimp
- A handful of basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a handful, chopped
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
Yields: Serves 4
Heat oven to 325˚F.
Heat a large, high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat with EVOO, a couple of turns of the pan. Add the sausage, crumble and brown 3-4 minutes then add peppers, onions and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes more so the vegetables start to soften.
Add tomatoes, stock and bay leaf, stir and bring up to a boil. Add shrimp and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook 5 minutes, uncover and stir in basil and parsley. Turn off heat.
Crisp bread in the hot oven. Serve stoup in shallow bowls with crusty bread alongside for mopping.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook