Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Bake
This vegetarian supper is a quick alternative to lasagna.
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen ricotta-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- A few grates fresh nutmeg
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess water squeezed out
- 1 10-ounce box frozen quartered artichoke hearts, defrosted
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Yields: 6 servings
Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Once boiling, salt the water and drop the pasta in. Cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta and reserve.
While the pasta is working, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the butter. Cook the garlic in the butter until aromatic, about 1 minute, then sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for another minute. Whisk the milk into the roux and bring up to a bubble to thicken. Add nutmeg, spinach, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper, and cook until the veggies are heated through.
Add the reserved tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat. Transfer everything to a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheeses. Place under the broiler to brown, about a minute.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook