Spinach-Artichoke Potato Lasagna
Try this as a hearty entrée or use as a side dish for any holiday meal, Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day.
- 4 pounds large, starchy potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 boxes frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- 2 boxes frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and chopped or 2 cans in water, drained well and chopped
- 2 15 to 16-ounce containers ricotta cheese
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Shredded basil, for garnish
Yields: Serves 6 as entrée or 10-12 as side dish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Parboil potatoes 5 minutes in boiling salted water and drain.
Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, ricotta, garlic, salt, pepper, egg yolks and half the cheese in a bowl.
Melt butter in saucepot over medium-high heat and whisk in flour. Cook 1-2 minutes then add milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and thicken sauce to coat a spoon.
Pour half the sauce into a casserole dish and top with a layer of the potatoes, then half the spinach-artichoke mixture. Continue layering the casserole with more potatoes, the remaining spinach-artichoke, the rest of the potatoes and top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
Bake until deeply golden, 40-45 minutes. Cool lasagna 5-10 minutes then top with basil, cut into squares and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook