Stuffed Pepper Stoup
The flavor of stuffed peppers -- without the work!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (eyeball it)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 12-15 basil leaves, shredded or torn
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano, to pass at table
Yields: 4 servings
Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat with EVOO. When oil is hot, add beef and season with salt, black pepper and allspice. Brown the meat, about 5 minutes, then add garlic, onions, peppers and bay leaf, and cook 7-8 minutes, until veggies are tender.
Stir in stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Add pasta and cook to al dente, 7-8 minutes.
Turn off heat and fold in the basil.
Serve in shallow bowls with grated cheese on top.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook