Are they burgers or tacos? A little bit of both!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon (about a palmful) chili powder
- 1 teaspoons (about a half a palmful) ground cumin
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 2 scallions, whites and greens chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup taco sauce (whatever variety you like)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 small tomatoes, finely chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground sirloin, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, scallions, salt and pepper. Form the meat mixture into four patties. Cook the patties in the hot pan until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
While the burger patties are cooking, turn a gas burner onto high and blister the flour tortillas by passing them over the flame quickly. If you don't have a gas stove, place a dry skillet over high heat and lay the tortillas, one at a time, into the hot skillet, blistering them on both sides.
As the patties finish cooking, transfer them to the tortillas and top each with some taco sauce, shredded cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Fold the tortilla around the burger, enclosing it in a pocket. Cut each pocket open on a diagonal and serve.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook