Tequila-Lime Chicken with Tex-Mex Chimi-Chop
This chicken makes the perfect meal for the first barbeque of the season!
- 1/2 cup tequila
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-off chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Yields: 4 servings
In a large bowl, combine the tequila, lime juice, hot sauce and vegetable or canola oil. Add the chicken to the mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400ºF or grill to medium.
Shake the excess marinade off the meat and season the pieces with salt and pepper. Grill or roast the meat until cooked through, about 40 minutes in the oven or 8 minutes per side on the grill.
While the meat is cooking, stir together the herbs, red onion, jalapeño, red wine vinegar and EVOO in a medium-size bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Serve the finished chicken topped with the Tex-Mex Chimi-Chop and Grilled Romaine with Caesar-cado Dressing alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook