Tom Colicchio's Buffalo Chicken Panini
A great panini idea from the host of Top Chef.
- 1/4 store-bought or homemade blue cheese dressing
- 4 slices 7-grain bread
- 8 slices Sara Lee Buffalo Style Breast of Chicken
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- For the blue cheese dressing:
- 1/2 cup mild blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Yields: 2 servings
To make the blue cheese dressing: In a bowl, break up blue cheese and whisk in buttermilk. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix to a chunky consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the sammies: Spread blue cheese dressing evenly on each slice of bread.
Layer chicken, watercress, celery and walnuts and close the sandwiches up.
Heat your Panini maker or sandwich press and butter each side of the press (if you don't have a sandwich press, butter the top of the bread and weight down the sammies with a cast iron skillet or a garden brick wrapped in foil.
Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes. Serve warm.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook