Tuna Melt Pressed Panini
This Tuna Melt Pressed Panini is great with the Warm Penne Pasta Salad on the side.
- 2 5.6-ounce tins Italian tuna, drained
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke bottoms or hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed soft sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted Italian or Kalamata black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup caper berries, sliced or halved or 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a handful, finely chopped
- 2 large shallots or 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 large lemon
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced provolone cheese
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, split lengthwise horizontally
Yields: Serves 4
Heat panini press or cast iron skillet for pressing sammy. If using a skillet, you will need another heavy skillet to press with or a brick, wrapped in foil.
Flake tuna in bowl. Add chopped artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, caper berries or capers, parsley, shallots and arugula. Dress with lemon juice and liberal drizzle of EVOO. Mix to combine salad thoroughly, season with pepper to taste.
Arrange half of the cheese, overlapping the slices, on the bottom half of ciabatta. Top with salad in even layer then arrange remaining cheese and top with bread. Cut the loaf into 4 sections and press a few minutes to melt cheese and heat through. Serve sammies with Warm Penne Pasta Salad alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook